Category : Coaching
It doesn’t matter if you’re a cop, EMT, firefighter, or a soldier. There may come a time when an injury, a boss, or the bureaucracy try to force you out. They may very well do it, too.
- Disability hearing goes the wrong way.
- All of a sudden you’re not promotable.
- The new chief wants a younger guy in your position.
There are a million reasons you may get booted, but it doesn’t mean you have to leave uniformed service if you don’t want to. Sure, the uniform and the setting might change, but there are also million other things you can do to stay in or around the uniform.
- Start a business working with your former colleagues.
- Sit back and invent that ‘thing’ you always knew would make your job easier.
- Work as a trainer.
- Move into sales and attend the conventions selling gear you have an intimate knowledge of.
- Write a memoir.
Think of this quote from Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand…
“There were many ways to make money. Why did you choose the hardest?”
You chose a hard profession. If you love it and want to stay in it, that’s what needs to happen. This is what I do in my coaching. I help people in high risk/high stress occupations find ways to stay there.
This message was written by a team of geeks, nerds, gamers, and Dr. David Powers. You can always find us at www.callsignredbeard.com. Thanks for reading!
In the words of Starship Troopers, “Would you like to know more?”