I’m not trying to sell you anything here. Just passing along an idea.
How many of you go to Planet Fitness? It’s one of the top and most prolific fitness gyms in the US. I go several times a week with my dad to hit the weights, and I don’t even have a membership.
Now, how many of you have thought about using Planet Fitness for your work office?
I don’t want to bore you with a long essay for this idea, so I’ll give you all the skinny in a few bullet points…
- Cheap membership compared to ‘real’ Cowork spaces
- Free Wifi
- Access to snacks
- Locker rooms and showers
- Massage chairs after a hectic few hours on the laptop
- Free food on special nights
- A gazillion locations all over the country
- Open 24 hours a day
- Often near other high traffic areas where your clients might already be
- Get a guest in on your pass, i.e. a client for a meeting
That’s just a quick brainstorm of perks. If you think of more, send them in. Send me pics of you working (not working out) in a Planet Fitness location, and I’ll enter you in a drawing for a chance to win an Amazon gift card.
Here’s the disclaimer-
- I don’t work for them, and I’m not making any money off this idea.
- Not all of them are the same, so not all of them will treat you the same if you’re there all day.
- Be smart about how you do the office thing. Spreading all your stuff out and getting in the way is a bad idea.
- Buy a drink or snack at least once every 4 hours. It’s just good etiquette.
This is me in a regular hotel gym while traveling. See how mad I am. No people to talk to and no room for me to work.
Welcome to your new mobile workspace!
Dr. Redbeard signing out