38 Days Until We’re Homeless in Chattanooga
Category : Mastering the Art of Living
In 38 days my family might be homeless in Chattanooga TN.
*For the whole story you can start the series HERE.
I got an e-mail today in response to this series that made me sick to my stomach. As soon as I read it, I messaged my buddy Ryan McRae, my best friend in the world.
I said, “Am I doing everything wrong? I just don’t want to be too ashamed or prideful to ask for help.”
His simple response was, “You’re doing fine and the right thing. And you’ll always have haters.”
Ryan made me feel better, like I’m not a total screw-up, and still have something to offer the world and my family.
Let me sum up what she said to me in an all day series of e-mails…
- “You have accomplished nothing of value.”
- “A little challenge and you’re freaking out?”
- “You made your bed, not I, so lie in it.”
- “I have more debt than you and I’m battling Lyme Disease, vocal cord dysfunction, Bartonella, IBS, GERD, and Optic Nerve Atrophy.”
- “Life can be shitty at times.”
- “No use pointing out birth control.”
- “How about you spend the next 39 days reversing the decisions that put you in debt?”
- “I filed for bankruptcy. You could do the same.”
Her words bothered me. Don’t think I’m not saying some of the same things and worse to myself anyway. You know what, though, I’m just gonna keep pushing on. I have to. Another thing Ryan taught me was that if I slow down too much or give it too much power, the Dark Passenger will show up and convince me I’m truly worthless.
In honor of this lady’s e-mails, I’ll mention a series of short stories I wrote about a husband living a truly crappy life where nothing goes right. It’s called The Diary of a Crappy Husband. I’m in that kind of mood right now.
The best way you can help me is by spreading the word. Please forward this e-mail on to everyone you know. I need as many people as possible to know about this in case they can help us or know someone else who can.
Thank you in advance for your help!
Please connect with me if you have any questions.
A GoFundMe page has been set up HERE.
Here’s a link to resources where most of my business is conducted.